Monday, November 21, 2005

 

[Draft] #4 "Alone At Last"

1
Sup: I have work to do so I'll leave you alone. You should know that some sort of demon is haunting your toilet.

2
Sup: We'll have someone come by to exorcise it, but this is the busy season, so it will be a while.

3
Phe: [peeking around corner at toilet]

4
Phe: [holding plunger defensively] I don't believe in de...
Demon: [demon voice (in Japanese)] Good for you. Don't fall for that superstitious mumbo-jumbo.

(I'm a little iffy on this whole idea. First, why introduce the demon character? I have no plans for it. I think the basic idea was the feeling of being dropped off alone in Japan, unfamiliar with the kind of world you've moved to.

Of course, my resistance may be more because I don't know Japanese, so I don't know how to write what the demon is saying. I don't want to use English though.)

Comments:
Actually, I think the demon should end up becoming his friend. It could be funny.
 
In between the time I posted this and now, I thought of a use for the demon:

Corben is an evil genius, whom only hasn't conquered the world because he's lazy (but, it's on his to-do list).

So, you'd think that he and the demon would get along great, right? No, no, no. They =pretend= to be friends, but they really scheme against each other.

Or maybe not. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. ^_^
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?